This recipe will make about 2 dozen baby rusks, depending on how you cut them up. You can substitute the pureed apple for pureed anything your baby eats (fruit and vegetables). Pumpkin and Parsnip are favourites here.
- 1 cup of Rice Flour
- 1 Cup of pureed cooked apple (Steam it until it’s tender, then mash with a wand mixer)
- Enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Combine the flour and pureed apple and add enough water to mix up a stiff dough.
- Roll it out on a floured board into long thing sausages
- Slice into rusks and line on a floured tray
- Bake in a low oven (150 C) until they are hard.
- Store in an airtight container
Ideas for apple substitutes could be pureed pear, banana, pumpkin, carrot, parsnip, brocoli, blueberries or a combination of your baby’s favourite fruit and veg. Brocolli and Apple have been a hit in this house.