We’re starting a tradition in our family, each year we make a special decoration for each of our children to go on the tree. With the hopes that as they get older, and leave home, they’ll be able to take their own, very personal, very special collection of Christmas decorations to start their own tree and traditions.
Personalized Glitter Baubles
You will need:
- a plain, matte bauble (any color you like)
- School Glue
- A fine brush
- Fine grade glitter
- Prop your bauble up on the mouth of a glass jar to support it.
- Dip your brush in the glue
- Write the name of the person you’re giving the bauble to, in nice script
- Sprinkle it heavily with glitter
- Tap off the excess – Voila! Glitter Bauble!
The next bauble is made using Mod Podge, which you can pick up from virtually any craft store.
Mod Podge Personalized Bauble
You will need
- Mod Podge Gloss Finish
- Printed pictures of you, your loved ones, your dog (What ever !!) on plain paper
- Plain acrylic or glass baubles.
- Coat the bauble with a layer of Mod Podge
- Apply your photos over the mod podged area
- Sprinkle with glitter if you so desire!
- Apply another layer of mod podge to seal it, and hang it up to dry (About 10 hours to do it properly)