Do you have a day to while away the hours together? Lucky you! Why not enjoy it with some of these free or cheap ideas!
- Poster Paints
- Cardboard Box castles
- Slime (Mix 2 cups of Cornflour (cornstarch) to 1 cup of water, and a few drops of food colouring)
- Paint on the fence with water
- Grow a potato patch
- Make musical instruments out of household recyclables.
- Play Dough (Easy Peasy No Cook Playdough recipe)
- Bake a cake together (or biscuits, or a yummy slice!)
- Sandpit play
- Create a fairy garden (Little seedlings, a few coloured fairy stones, and lots of imagination)
- Make an obstacle course
- create a story book
- Organise photos into albums and talk about the people in them
- Make a macaroni necklace.
- Marble paint (put marbles in icecream containers with some poster paint, then roll them over a big piece of cardboard)
- String paintings (same as the marbles, except drag some string)
- Play in the mud together!
- Visit the park, and play!
- Create puppets (dishmops are great !!)
- Hold a concert
You’re creating a lifetime of memories, just by being with your child. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune to entertain them, and quite frankly, the creative and free stuff, is much more fun than all the money spent. Enjoy yourselves!
Children Remember our Presence, not our Presents.