As as mom who’s breastfeeding two babies, finding time to look after myself is a juggling act.
When Feeding babies, it’s nice to be nurtured yourself. This recipe is designed to help increase your breastmilk supply. The cookies come out as nice soft doughy cookies. They are dangerously delicious – and if you’re not careful, will be stolen by the entire family before you get a look in!
They’re also a great activity to involve an older child in. My toddler is great at sifting, mixing, and taste testing!!
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup raw caster sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (Also known as Linseed meal)
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
* 2 cups plain flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup or more of white chocolate chips
* 1 cup of chopped dried apricots, cranberries, or any fruit that takes your fancy – I love cranberries
* 3 heaped tablespoons of brewers yeast (this is the part that helps increase your supply)
Preheat oven at 180 degrees C. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
· Cream butter and sugar.
· Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
· Stir flaxseed mixture
· add vanilla
· Beat until blended.
· Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
· Add to butter mixture.
· Stir in oats then chips.
· Scoop table spoon sized balls out, and flatten onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper
· Bake 8-12 minutes, until just golden, they’ll firm up once they’re out of the oven.
Serves: 6 dozen
You can modify this recipe to turn them into muffins by adding 1 cup of milk, and 1 cup of blueberries. Simply mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry ingredients in another, and then combine the two. Don’t overmix.
Bake for 15 minutes until the muffins spring back when pressed lightly.
Clue number 7
Crying baby? Settle her.