Well while I only recommend this as a VERY occasional occurance, here is the edible chocolate playdough recipe. To make it a little healthier I am using the healthest ingredients possible considering the recipe.
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder (personally I prefer Blooker Cocoa)
- 2 cups of organic raw powdered sugar (otherwise just powdered sugar is fine)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup of honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup butter (non salted if possible)
- (optional) some additional flavouring such as 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence or orange essence
Mix and knead together until it forms the dough
Now I was even considering not placing this on the site, but the above only makes a small amount and the sugar is raw, so its not half as bad as the usual processed sugar. Also it you don’t have powdered, raw caster sugar would be the next option, though the dough will be a bit grainy.
There is also the possibility that you could replace the sugar with more agave nectar/honey then add more flour to counteract the stickiness.